Like lobster red. And in spots. I got a sun burn on my arms last week while wearing a t-shirt, so I had a farmers/mormon/utah tan goin'. I started to peel on Thursday in small patches, and had 4 1" spots on my right arm that had peeled off, and a 2" x 6" section on my left arm that had peeled. Not a very pretty or even peel, but I was determined to wear a tank top this weekend. So I did. And got burnt.
But this isn't any regular old looking burn. I only burned where I had peeled from my previous burn. So I have these little spots of sunburn on my right arm, and a patch of new burn on my left. I also burned on the small section of skin where I had worn sleeves the weekend previous and had not this weekend.
So I am the sunburnt cheetah. It hurts too. Since I sleep on my side, the shoulder is the worst spot to burn as it rubs against the bed, but also against the pillow case and it HURTS any time you roll over. It's also where my bra straps rub during the day, and you don't realize how much your skin moves while preforming little mundane motions until you are crispy burnt and have to reach up to get something off of a cabinet or reach down to pick up a piece of trash that you had tried to play basketball player with into the garbage but had missed by a very wide margin. Yeah, it was sad how far I missed.
In case anyone is wondering where I was when I got sunburnt (I know you guys care!) I was at the Fiesta Street Festival in San Clemente (for those of you that still care and want to look it up, you know, on a map or something). They shut down the main street of Avenida (Spanish for Avenue for those who care and are not in the know) Del Mar and put up a bunch of game, food, drink, and craft booths, and have mini concerts playing all day. They also have a salsa contest (the kind you eat, not the kind you dance) and open up the judging to all the festiviters who want to pay $5 for 6 samples. After you get your 6 samples, you vote on your favorite restaurant salsa and your favorite individual salsa. Since I am a spice woose, I made sure to ask every table if theirs was extra mild. I found that the fruit ones tended to be. I had a really good roasted shrimp and mango salsa from Gordon James Grill (restaurant), had a good peach salsa from the Saddleback Memorial Hospital (individual) and an okay champagne grape and pear salsa from Whitehorse (restaurant). My favorite non-fruit salsa came from Le Siesta (restaurant) and it was a mild, chunky, and very flavorful traditional salsa.
I really liked the mango salsa.
No comments:
Post a Comment