Friday, September 25, 2009

Glyde Break-up Letter

Letter posted to Verizon re: Inoperable Glyde

Primary Subject: Phones and Accessories
Secondary Subject: Phone is Not Working

Message Body: I really wanted to love the Glyde. I got it for myself for my birthday in 2008, the first day it was released and had several blissful months of its companionship. I am sick of it now.

I have had two firmware updates and it has done nothing to solve the inherent issues on this device. I can rarely unlock the device by sliding the icon across the screen, usually I have to click the lock button on the side or slide open the keyboard. However, if I can't slide the icon, then that means that when I do unlock the device by other means it will not function. The keyboard will be completely unresponsive, or if it is responsive, it is clicking icons on the other side of the screen then what I am trying to click. Forget trying to check (or send!) text messages anymore, I can't get into messaging most of the time. I can't browse as I can't click Done once I have entered my login or password. Oh, and its new trick is to reboot anytime I get a new message! You would think all that restarting would fix some of the many issues, but it doesn't. I am lucky if I can enter my unlock code after a reboot.

I can rarely even hold the device anymore when I try to navigate the menus as my hand HOLDING the device is making it crazy. Just holding the device will trigger icon clicks without me even touching the screen. Makes for a novelty party trick. I have locked the screen of my device and set it on the desk in front of me and watched it click through menus without me touching it (and while it was "locked" mind you!).

I feel I have been way more than patient with the stupid device. I really love the size and the design, and scoffed at all the users that complained and turned in their Glydes from the get-go. I was in love and blinded by its flaws. The infatuation has now worn beyond thin, and like a bad ex, I wan no more to do with it.

Please help this breakup be clean and painless.

Long time Verizon user,
Angela Waters

No comments: