Monday, February 27, 2006

My sistas!

I had a great time in SLC. I flew in Thursday night (2My sisters/16/06) and got into SLC at about 11:00 PM. It was cold! I think they pilot mentioned that it was 12* F when I arrived. Burrrrrziez!

Friday morning I kidnapped my sister Emily (the one on the left) and we went out and grabbed breakfast at IHOP. I took her back to school and then drive into SLC to see my Grandma D. I drove around with her for a while, running some erands, and then went to the Harley Davidson store in South SL to get some t-shirts for my Uncle S (for selling his bike to me!). Friday night I drove down to 10600 S to meet up with my friend D working down there. We had made plans to grab a snack from her work, drove over to her house to change, and then head out to play pool. Well, I have to go and forget my ID, and have to drive all the way back up to Farmington to grab it. It's about a 35 mile trip, one way. We finally make it out to pool, (where we got our assess kicked!) and then head over to the Der Berlin Waffel House. I had waffles covered with real whip cream and strawberries at 1:00 in the morning!

Saturday was spent sleeping in, and then making breakfast with my sisters. Sara and I (the one on the right) went out and grabbed some dinner stuff and made dinner for the family. We had baked ravioli (Toss frozen ravioli in olive oil and italian seasoning and spread out on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes each side. Bake an additional 10 min. if needed. Searve with warm spaghetti sauce.) and baked sweet potato. It was yummy if I can say so!

Sunday I went to Sara's blessing and then went home to sleep! I got up to help Mom finish a potato salad for dinner that night, and then Sara and I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. At about 4:00 PM we headed out to Grandma's where the whole family (nearly) was gathered. This was a first in many years. Gayle was MIA (duh, he's in Iceland!) as was my Uncle Kevin who stayied home with a headache. I got to see my Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Gedion with Olivia and Little Gedion. They had flown in from NY the day before and gone skiing all day. I haven't seen them in almost 3 years!

Monday was family day. Dad and Mom took the day off, and Sara and Emily didn't have school becuase of Presidents Day. We went out bowling (I loss miserably) and then to Wingers for lunch. Yummy, I had really good ribs. Sara and Emily had things to do, and Dad and Vicki needed to go to a meeting, so we parted ways. I was finally able to get with Brianna. We had been trying to meet all weekend. I am Brianna's Maid of Honor for her wedding in June. I had my measurements taken for my dress, and then got to go with her and her mom to pick out wedding flowers, wedding cake (it's going to be sooo good!), drop off her lace, and select invitations. I can't believe she is really getting married!

Tuesday I was going to try and see Dani again, but that fell through. So then I tried to get with Aunt Jennifer and fam, but they were on the slopes. So my last day was spent at my parents house waiting for people to call me. I finally gave up and took Emily out to lunch. We went to Kiva Juice to get some smoothies and then went next door to Great Harvest Bread Company to try their new sandwhiches, and to get free slices of bread.

I then took Emily and her friend out to get their hair done. Emily got it trimmed and layered, and then got the "underneath" hair dyed black. (I think it is called shadowing.)

Tuesday evening was spent touring the house my parents are buying. It's a nice 50's style home with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. The most interesting feature was the fireplace. There is a hearth in the livingroom with logs layed in it, and a light switch on the wall that is labeled "Fireplace." When you flip the switch, a motor in the middle of the logs turns this orange cylinder to make it appear like there is a fire in the logs! The previous owners ahve never lit a fire in the fireplace, only used the motor!

My plane left at 7:10 PM that night. It was an uneventful flight and I made it into Orange County with no problems. T picked me up and we headed home. When were were about 1/2 way there, we got a flat! We pulled over and checked out the tire. The rear driver tire was completly flat. We pulled out the spare, changed it out, and then continued home. I was so tired, I went straight to bed! Posted by Picasa

No comments: