
I got a ticket this morning.
I was running late and decided to take my motorcycle to work. Bike = 20 minutes to work, car = 45. So I was cruising along in the car pool lane and came up on this guy on a Harley. I stared to pass him when he notice that, Surprise!, I was a girl. So he stared to speed up just enough to not let me pass. Well, being a girl, I wasn’t going to stand for that. I sped up just enough to start to pass him again. This goes on a bit until we are doing about 87-88 mph. We come across a fork in the road and he takes the one on the right (5 North) and I the one on the left (405 North). I start to slow down when I hear a siren behind me. It’s the CHP! He pulls me over and tells me to turn off my bike, remove my helmet, and step away from my bike over the car loudspeaker. The CHiPpy gets out of his car and asks for my license, registration, and proof of insurance. I tell him I have my license, my registration is at home (I had only gotten it from the DMV the day before) and my proof of insurance was still in the mail somewhere. So he takes my license back to his car, and comes back a few minutes later with a ticket for going 91 in a 65 zone, and no registration or insurance. He has me sign, and then tells me to “ride slow and have a nice day.”
91!!! I wasn't going that fast! I think he was mad at me for something. I couldn't have been doing more that 85mph. The insurance and registration tickets are fix-its, so no worries there. I am a little worried about how much the ticket will end up costing me.
Still got to work earlier than if I had taken my car!
No comments:
Post a Comment