Friday, February 20, 2009

Misguided

I had the luck to have my motorcycle and car registration come due while I was unemployed.  Motorcycle is due December and car in January.  I wasn't too worried as I had $10 a paycheck automatically transfered into a car/motorcycle savings account to cover registrations.  However I had forgotten that this registration cycle was a smog check cycle.  No big worries, this just ment I would have to wait until the last minute to get my car smogged and registered.  Took my car in on the 21st for smog (passed, yea!) and paid the registration on the 22nd.  It is now almost a month later and I am still waiting for my tags.

Meanwhile I get a notice from the South Coast Air Quality Management that someone had tattled on me.  Apparently I was reported on 02/10/09 for smoke emmissions.  I get a notice a week later.  Hmmm, a week to be notified I was tattled on, and a month to get my tags.  Me thinks they should transfer some SCAM (oops ;) finger slip) SCAQM employees to the DMV.

I guess I just feel icky for being tattled on.  And what is worse is it's an untrue tattle!  I am a defender and I have no one to defend myself to (except this blog and my faithful reader, hi Mom).

Any FYI, I passed smog.  That was a cold morning... condensation maybe?

No comments: