Although nothing can compare to the great time I had in Oak Glen, this weekend came close.
First some background info on my weekends:
I usually have nothing to do on weekends. I use to go on a bike ride with my Mild Ones group, but after some upsetting incidents, I haven’t ridden with them since January.
So recently I usually have nothing planned and just sit around and knit, eat, and shop.
But since about mid October, I have had a lot to do on the weekend!
So about this weekend. My boss met this guy on a plane to Michigan. As they talked she learned that he visits some friend in San Diego at least 4 times a year. My boss extended an offer to visit her next time he came to CA.
So he decided to come on November 4th. My boss decided to show him a good time and planned a night of dinner and drinking. Nothing fancy, just dinner at Javier’s in Laguna Beach, drinks at the Sandpiper, and then dancing at Club M.
Well, somewhere in all their talking and planning, my boss promised to bring along some young girls she knew. (My boss is 50; the guy she met is 28; this makes me the young girl she knows. Thanks.)
So I was invited to go along, as were the girl in marketing (29) and the woman from accounting (45). What made the night interesting is that everyone acted and drank like they were 25.
Dinner was great. I tried the Cara Asada Quesadilla with a Cadillac Margarita at Javier’s. At the Sandpiper, airplane boy bought us a round of Red Bull Bombs. It’s a shot glass of Yager in a tumbler of Red Bull. Very sweet and guaranteed to get you buzzed fast. This was followed by some Corona’s with lime. There is a live band at the Sandpiper, and a very small dance floor. The band was great, and the dance floor was full from just the 5 of us dancing.
Airplane boy got tired of the “hole in the wall vibe” at the Sandpiper and wanted some Techno DJ music to dance to, so we gathered our stuff and made our way down to Club M. Some friendly chit-chat with the bouncer got all of the women in for free, while Airplane Boy had to pay a $10.00 cover charge.
Club M is a typical club, lots of strobe lights, black lights, and all songs have a deep thomp-thomp beat in the background. (I preferred the live band.) The clubbers were different here also. At the Sandpiper, it was anyone and everyone just looking for a good time. At Club M, it was more about how tiny of an outfit you can dance in without showing everything or having stuff pop out.
Like I said, I preferred Sandpiper.
But I had a good time watching people bob to the beat at M.
Saturday found me in Sand Diego with a friend from work. They have some Persian paintings on tour there, and friend (Jody) loves these paintings. I have to admit, the paintings were amazing. The detail in them is mind boggling. And the colors, so intense and vivid! You need a magnifying glass to see all the intricacies of the artwork. The woman at San Diego Museum of Fine Art mentioned that the artists sometimes used a one squirrel hair bristled paintbrush!
So there is my weekend. Stay tuned for next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment